L ocated at 6637 Main Street in the downtown area of Winnsboro, the building is one of the oldest still in use. It was constructed in the early 1920's and was known as the E. A. Cordill Home. At the end of World War II, the home was purchased by First National Insurance Company and opened as Winnsboro First National Funeral Home, one of nearly 30 funeral homes in a national chain. When the insurance company sold to Commonwealth Insurance Company, the funeral homes were sold as well, this location then became independently owned and the name remained Winnsboro First National Funeral Home.
Over these many years, the First National name has become very recognizable to the people of Franklin Parish and the surrounding area. For that reason, the First National name remained when the business became Gill First National Funeral Home in 2001.